Monday, October 6, 2008

LDS Temple in Rome

Those of you who know me know that I love all things Italy. I love the food, the language (even though I don't speak it...yet), and I really want to visit there.

Anyhoo, Saturday in General Conference it was announced that the church is building a temple in Rome. It is still in the planning stages so there isn't a picture or anything yet, as soon as there is I will get it up here asap.
Sean went there on his mission and still speaks italian fluently. The church building a temple there makes me want to go even more. My goal in the next few years is to learn the language and be able to go through an italian speaking session. Somewhat lofty but with the help of Rosetta Stone language system (I hope!!) I will be on my way!

2 comments:

Eric LeBaron Family said...

I just read a book by Maeve Binchey called Evening Classes about a bunch of people who take italian lessons, you might enjoy it.

The Heiners said...

Can you believe that they wait until after I've been twice and am too poor to go back to Italy to build a temple!?! Cruelty, absolute cruelty. I was still ridiculously excited to hear of it being built!