Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Grace's 8th Birthday

Today, the 15th, is Grace's birthday. We had her parties early due to soccer games. I don't think she particularly cares because, really who get upset when they get to celebrate EARLY?
On Saturday we got together with Sean's family and celebrated Easter and Grace's birthday. I attempted to make this cake,
Well, that fell flat. My yellow version kind of fell in on itself. We got this:

it fell over, the flowers fell off and the bottom buckled. I totally admit I am an amateur cake decorator. I didn't want Grace to do without so I made her a batch of cupcakes.


Last night my brother and his family came over for cake and ice cream. Our kids got to run around with their cousins, teased by their Uncle Aaron, and kissed by their Aunt Amy.



At our house big birthday parties, with school friends only happen on significant birthdays, 5th, 8th, 12th. With 4 kids it is impossible to pay for big parties every year. This year Grace got a big party. She chose to have it at the Cache Valley Fun Park. There was pizza, cake, rollerskating and soft play. She and all her friends from school had a blast.



She got a bike from us since her last one kind of died a slow death. Due to the weather she didn't get to ride it for a few days but finally she got to get on and go. After her party on Saturday she got a fever and had it all evening Saturday and most of Sunday. She is feeling better and hopefully we can slow down a little and just chill!!
Happy 8th Birthday Grace!

No comments: