Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Break

This year we just stayed home. Sean had to work and really who want to go away on a trip without Dad? Not Mom!!

Of course that didn't stop us from having adventures.

Patrick, being the almost teen that he is hung out with his friends. The only thing he stayed home for was to practice his drums. He even brought in a friend with an electric guitar. I am now thinking when we finish the basement we should soundproof it too.


Grace went to her friend Hallie's birthday party. It was a nerd party. Imagine a bunch of 8 year old girls trying to dress like nerds. It was very funny. I thought she was cute but she assures me that she was very nerdy!

Liam and Simon were very quite one afternoon. That is never a good sign. I walked into the kitchen to find this... They had taken the labels off of the water bottles and with the sticky ends entertained themselves.
They were also rolling them to one another. Those two are like a whirlwind. They can cause havoc when you turn your back! Gotta love em'.






On Thursday we had a lunch with some old friends celebrating a birthday. I really wanted to try out making cake pops. They are harder than the blogger where I got the recipe made them sound. Trial and error I suppose. They will be easier next time.
I made Easter chicks. I attempted to make sheep. You can't tell they are sheep but hey, I tried.

Patrick had fun decorating the chicks with the edible markers.

My attempt at sheep. I have to admit the chicks were cute.

We topped off our week by getting our new wagon. Every year Sean's parents give us Lagoon season passes. We have been using our red double stroller but the wheels have been warn down to the spokes so we decided rather than pay 14 dollars every time we visit Lagoon this year we would invest in a fun wagon. They call this a KUV. Kids Utility Vehicle! It is great.

So, we didn't venture to far off lands, or even out of the valley but we still had fun and everyone is happy.


HAPPY SPRING!!

4 comments:

Fun Family Times said...

I hope you are strong to push those two, they look heavy together!=}

Mom's Sewing Vault said...

Oh Vicky! I heart your sheep! Looks like fun was had by all. And you must not be traumatized by throw up like I am, because you didn't even mention it. Grace looked appropriately nerdy and cute. What kind of activities do you do at a little girl party that are nerdy?

And talk about soundproofing... Sunday, Jordan was playing his guitar, and I was laying in bed, not paying attention, but recovering from fast Sunday.... I thought he was playing in the next room, then realized his amp was plugged in so he had to be further away than that, maybe his room? Mike went to check on him and he was ON THE ROOF, with the amp turned so loud OUTSIDE that it sounded like he was in his room. I was mortified and mad as hell. Didn't I read somewhere that teenagers' brains are still developing and specifically their JUDGMENT region is turned OFF until they're like 30?

LeAnn said...

Looks like Spring Break was a successful one for the Heiner Family. We're staying home this year (well, we actually stay home every year) but this is the first time in years that Jeremy's parents haven't traveled to see us during spring break.

Nat said...

I hope by "old friends" you meant friends you have had for a long time and not friends that are along in years. :) I loved your cake pops. Hannah was very impressed. I adore you! :)