Friday, May 15, 2009

Trees

There are, or were, 2 very tall poplar trees in our backyard. I mean very, very tall! I don't know much about trees but I have been told that poplars should never get as tall as ours are. There is the risk of a good wind knocking them down or, as it is with our trees, they start to die.

Sean decided this year was the year for tree removal. The guys from Total Tree Care came bright and early Tuesday morning. I am sure the neighbors wern't happy with us. Who wants to hear a wood chipper in the A.M.?

The boys and I went out front to watch since the backyard was off limits. Liam couldn't believe how those guys could swing through the trees on the crane. We sat outside and listened to the wood chipper work. Liam and Simon were surprised at the sound. I was cracking up and they were looking at me like I was a crazy woman.

Needless to say it was an exciting day. Patrick and Grace missed it and were very mad that they did but Sean was home and he and the little kids had fun watching out the back door.





Once the workers were gone, the trees were hauled away and the kids were allowed out again the stumps were entertainment too. What can you do on a tree stump? Boogie of course!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I bet that was really fun to watch.