Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Cache County Fair

Last weekend was the Cache County Fair. For years my friends have been telling me to enter some of my canning. Come on we have tons, and it is beautiful even before I put it in a jar. The only problem has been I never remember until it is too late to enter it in.
This year I made it. I ran to the library that morning and ran into two friend who asked me if I had entered. I said no and was told I had until eleven o'clock to enter something. "Why the heck not?" I thought to myself. I had about 15 minutes to spare, I could do it. I ran home and got a jar of cherries, apricots and cherry jam. I took it over there and realized I needed 2 jars of each. I ran home and got another jar of each and made it with seconds to spare. It was fun and the kids were laughing at me cause I was like a chicken with it's head chopped off trying to get into the fairgrounds.
Fair time came and here are the results:


I won 2nd for my cherries and apricots, and 3rd for my cherry jam. Granted everyone got a ribbon and most of them were red but I don't care. I got a ribbon. I got a ribbon!! It was fun to take the kids to the home and craft building and let them find mom's stuff. I learned a lot. I learned what I need to do next year to do even better. So watch out blue ribbon, here I come!!

We love the fair!!!

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

Yay! Congratulations! I once entered a quilt into the Sanpete County Fair. When I saw all the quilts on display, I was pretty embarrassed for mine. lol I think I got a "participant" ribbon.

Nat said...

Wait--they taste your stuff, right? It's not just "appearance."
Good for you. :)