Friday, May 21, 2010

Planting a Garden!

Monday was garden planting day. Sean stayed home from work and we got busy.
Sean had to till first. We borrowed a tiller from the neighbor. It was a very old tiller and it was fun to watch Sean wrestle with it.


Liam and Simon were excited to be able to help Dad plant the garden. They went with us to the seed store and got to help pick out what we were going to plant. Corn seemed very important, and so were pumpkins. Since tomatoes came as plants already and not seeds they both picked one and planted it. It was perfect weather and they had tons of fun. Simon would decide to pout right when it was picture time. I promise he had fun. He got very good at putting the dirt on top of the plants.
It was a warm, spring day and everyone worked hard.


Liam taking a break in the shade.








Simon came inside and laid on the floor and announced, "Mom, I worked so hard, I am tired."

I have always wanted to have strawberries and raspberries in our yard. This year I finally got my wish. I made a strawberry hill surrounded by stones that came from the fireplace I tore out a year ago. (Who said it was a waste of good rock ;))And 2 raspberry bushes. I hope the deer don't eat all of them. I am going to have to put up a fence once they start blooming. I know, they look like 2 stubby bushes but one day there will be so many berries I will have to give them away. At least that is my hope.

I will keep you posted on the growth of the Heiner Garden!
Happy Planting!

No comments: